Two blocks from one pre-cut applique give you positive and negative designs in vivid color. Choose from classic designs featuring sea turtles, flowers or butterflies.
Three hand-dyed "Hula Hoop" fabric pieces will yield two finished quilt blocks at 18" square&mdashthe perfect size to sew into pillows—or, make a few more for a quilt.
- Two-for-one precut Hawaiian style applique
- Finish block in three easy steps:
- Remove paper backing from Pre-cut applique
- Position applique and fuse to background
- Finish with a machine stitch around the edge
- Entire applique will be used
- Outside cut applique is the leftover part from the inside block
- One hand-dyed "Hula Hoop"
- Pre-fused with a paper backed fusible web
- Pre-cut with an Accuquilt die
- Two hand-dyed "Hula Hoops" for background of applique
- A hand dyed hula hoop is a piece of fabric dyed by Stacy Michell
- Square cloth with a dyed center
- Great for use in Hawaiian style quilts
- Pattern with color instructions
- Finished size: two blocks, 18" square
Additional items you will need to complete the project:
- Two 20" squares of fabric for backing
- Fabric for binding
- White Kona cotton is a nice choice
- Two squares of low loft cotton batting, 20" square