The Cording Foot is ideal when adding extra fine cording or decorative thread embellishment to garments, accessories, and crazy quilting. This process is called couching which is defined as the process of laying down a thread or fiber and fastening it with small stitches at regular intervals, often times with monofilament thread.
- No threading involved, simply slide decorative threads into the guide on the foot
- Use one, two or three threads
- For best results use 6 wt. or finer thread
- Also use with elastic thread, decorative yarn, silk threads, and embroidery floss
- Stitch over the cording or threads using a zigzag stitch or decorative stitch
- Use monofilament thread if you don’t want the topstitching to show
- Use rayon or polyester embroidery thread for a bit of shine
- Use metallic thread for super decorative look
- Guide holds the trim in place while feeding it under the foot
- Stitch: zigzag stitch or decorative stitch
- Includes instructions
- Shank height: low
for more information on how to determine sewing machine shank size.